- If you create a new user_directory; you must rerun autogen.sh to make automake aware of it (this does the autoconf step which is what actually writes the Makefiles. Change Makefile.am only changes the Makefile.in; please give me back CMake, all is forgiven).
- Quick guide to writing Makefiles.am for oomph-lib
- At the top add the line noinst_PROGRAMS= <myNewProgram>
- Then add <myNewProgram>_SOURCES = <myNewProgramSourceList>
- The add <myNewProgram>_LDADD = -L@libdir@ -l<OtherRequiredoomphlibLibraries> -lgeneric $(EXTERNAL_LIBS) $(FLIBS)
- oomph-lib, despite using svn, does contain .gitignore files; which also stop your new user_drivers from being committable. You need to comment out
from the top level .gitignore file.
- You cannot use CLion with oomph-lib; because CLion will only work with CMake based projects.
- Complying optimised on a mac. Do the following.
- Run make clean
- Run make distclean
- Run autogen.sh
- Use these options
--enable-suppress-doc --enable-symbolic-links-for-headers --disable-shared CXXFLAGS="-O3 -DPARANOID -Wall" CFLAGS="-O3 -Wall" FFLAGS="-O3 -Wall" FFLAGS_NO_OPT="-O0"
Note, I know this is not using clang but gcc is faster; but, gives worst error message so this best for speed.
- On a mac you will need to install autotools
- Best to installl brew and then do
- brew install automake
- Note, you do not run brew as route.